Pay off 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay off 13

I just started my chapter 13 payments im 8 months into a 60 month plan for the last 3 months im been dating a very nice wealthy woman she know about my situation and she wants to pay it off no strings attach
    what to you guys think? what will the trustee say?

Originally posted by JOEYBOY View Post
    I just started my chapter 13 payments im 8 months into a 60 month plan for the last 3 months im been dating a very nice wealthy woman she know about my situation and she wants to pay it off no strings attach
    what to you guys think? what will the trustee say?
    There are no early payoffs in a Chapter 13 unless you pay 100% of the debt. If your nice wealthy lady friend wants to do that for you, then go ahead! (I wouldn't trust the no strings attached..us ladies have a way of using invisible strings :-)
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

thanx , i hear that!!!

Comment

Does she have a sister?
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Rofl!!
          Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
          341 June 1st, 2010
          Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            There are no early payoffs in a Chapter 13 unless you pay 100% of the debt.
            False. That is not true everywhere.

Most districts use your term (3yrs-5yrs) as a duration, but there are districts out there that use it as a multiplier. It's one of the many many maddening variances in BK law interpretation from one district to the next.

In the district where we filed, it's a multiplier. They take your payment and multiply it by the number of months in your plan to come up with the total.

After a 6 month window where you have to make regular payments, you could pay off your plan amount and discharge.

We didn't know this when we filed, imagine our excitement when the attorney explained it to us!

HappyCat NC

Comment

I'm going to check for Florida

Comment

Originally posted by HappyCatNC View Post

Most districts use your term (3yrs-5yrs) as a duration, but there are districts out there that use it as a multiplier. It's one of the many many maddening variances in BK law interpretation from one district to the next.

In the district where we filed, it's a multiplier. They take your payment and multiply it by the number of months in your plan to come up with the total.

After a 6 month window where you have to make regular payments, you could pay off your plan amount and discharge.

We didn't know this when we filed, imagine our excitement when the attorney explained it to us!

HappyCat NC
                This was the case pre-2005, but I have never heard of it with the new laws.
                Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

obv. a BS post.

Thanks for wasting our time, while people like me, with serious issues get pushed back.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

this is not a BS post im looking for answers to my questions

Comment

Originally posted by HappyCatNC View Post

HappyCat NC

What district do you live in?? I am also in NC, and this is news to me as well with the new bankruptcy laws in place. I would love to know if it applies in my district!
                      Filed Ch. 13 Pro Se 1/8/09
                      Plan Payments Complete!!! 4/17/13:
                      DISCHARGED!!! 7/9/13

Comment

im in miami florida

Comment

Originally posted by BankruptinNC View Post
                          What district do you live in?? I am also in NC, and this is news to me as well with the new bankruptcy laws in place. I would love to know if it applies in my district!
                          x2

Howdy cousin.

Side note, I thought that there were only 3 or 5 year plans and see that you have yours for 4, what's up with that?
                          Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

always strings

There are always strings so be careful if you do it. How about she just make your payment every month instead.

If she wants to help someone else send her my way.
                            Filed Chapter 13 on 3-31-10. 341 completed 5/20/10
                            $2900+ a month 0% payback to unsecured creditors
                            Discharged 6/30/2015

Comment

IF she makes the payments it will be good for now , but what about when its all over no more payments!!!

i just wanted to know if it is possible to pay off early don't matter what the situation

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X