Ok..update on us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok..update on us!

Think we are still proceeding with the CH13, attorney has been GREAT with working with us to get our #s set, we really don't know with Dh's new job so we are estimating the best we can & will just have to be able to provide info; which I feel confident on. We are being sued by CU on the cc & the cre line so looking to get this done'; got letter yesterday on Dh's car which is also financed by them so we want this in before they come & try to pick that up.

i am wondering though...we are not behind on our mortgage but are "tight" with cash until money starts coming in from DH's new job, so I am wondering if it may be smart to miss this months' mortgage in order to hold those funds, in case the BK first payt is due before he gets paid; then put the mortgage arrears in with the plan. It seems like others have done that. Is there a downfall to doing that? It would only put us 1 month behind. But then do we pay the mortgage outside the plan then? I was a little confused on that.

Waiting on atty to call me back so I thought I'd post the question here. THanks.

We didn't pay on mortgage for several months (advised by legal) and the arrears went into the plan. Also, our mortgage is paid thru the plan which benefits the trustee but since I have payroll deduction it is one less worry about it getting paid.
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

In your case, I don't think there would be a downfall - since based on the new job/income you expect to pay back a decent amount to unsecured. It just means a few dollars less to unsecured as it would go to the mortgage arrears.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X