What happens when you complete a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when you complete a 13?

Now that, according to NDC, my 13 has been completed, I was wondering what happens next? Will my payment thru payroll deduction stop immediately? Do I get a discharge letter in the mail? If so, how long does it take to receive it? Just anxious to get it all over with. NDC website says: Case status: completed Date case closed: 6/2/10

Originally posted by scott29 View Post
    Now that, according to NDC, my 13 has been completed, I was wondering what happens next? Will my payment thru payroll deduction stop immediately? Do I get a discharge letter in the mail? If so, how long does it take to receive it? Just anxious to get it all over with. NDC website says: Case status: completed Date case closed: 6/2/10
    If I'm not mistaken your attorney needs to send a form of some sort to stop your payroll deduction. Get on the phone with your attorney today as it may take a bit of time to stop it.

Congrats again!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I had just logged in the NDC last week and seen it said mine was z near completion.I logged in today and it also showed the closed dated was 6-2-10.I googled z near completion and it brought me to this forum. This is my first time here but I do wish I had found it this forum a long time ago.I was also wondering the same thing about the payroll deduction.

Comment

Called my attorney and this is what I found out. They have stopped my payroll deduction so next weeks check should be clear. I am guessing it takes a week or two. Somehow I get back over $800? There is one final payment to be sent out to the creditors, then the discharge will take place. If they are still deducting your wages, you may put in a call to your attorney. Mine was actually more than helpful.

Comment

Congrats you made it! Whew...what a relief for you!
          CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
          Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Thanks I also talked with mine.I had filed before the new law came into effect (i did not really under stand that part) But the 21st we will get our discharge.I don't understand the why they closed it befor giving the discharge.And now that we are this close to the end or we are at the end our attorney is not really helpful you could say at explaining these things.But i guess i will just wait and see.Thank you

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X