Aaron's rent a center and chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron's rent a center and chapter 13

My husband and I recently filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy just last week. The last meeting that we had with our attorney I told her about a lease/purchase agreement that we had with Aaron's for a computer. We bought it in December and the payments were for 1 year. We were current on the payments at that time. I did tell her that a payment was due that day and I was going to stop and make it on the way home. She told me that I did not need to make that payment an it would be included in the chapter 13 payment. So I did not. Our case was filed on June 3rd. I got a call from Aaron's on Tuesday and I told them that we had filed Chapter 13 and gave them our attorney's name. Someone from Aaron's called back tonight and said that they do not fall under the bankruptcy law and that we need to make a payment. I told her that my attorney is the one that told me not to make the payment. She said, well she is wrong you might want to have her call us. I am very confused and have left a message with my attorney. Has anyone had any dealings with a rent to own store during a chapter 13 bankruptcy?

Welcome to the forum!

When you file for bankruptcy, ALL of your debt is included.

Their story that they don't fall under BK law and that you have to make a payment holds no water whatsoever.

Sleep tight and good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Heh. That's just priceless.

Enjoy the computer. If they have any sense they'll file a secured claim and get paid out of the plan someday.

If they're dopey and keep calling you, keep a log, your lawyer will zing em good.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

A friend of mine included Aarons in her case. She said she got 1 letter from them saying that they would get in touch with her attorney about the bankruptcy. She never heard anything else from them, her case discharged in May,2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X