Refi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refi

How easy is it to refi to a better rate after a 13? I am 6 months into a 36 month plan and have been on time with my mortgage.

My lender (Wells Fargo) told me after the discharge to apply, something like $25 to apply, and if approved, $500 to close. Of course mine will be to remove my ex off the loan, she has already quit claimed the house to me, but have to wait for 13 to complete to refi.
    I am 3 years into a 5 year plan, have never been late with mortgage payment. It is outside my plan.

Comment

Thanks JDW, I have the same lender so hopefully i can refi after my 36 months.

Comment

You can also contact them now to ask about an inhouse modification. May not result in anything, but no harm in trying.

If it worked out - it could mean a decrease in APR and decrease in mortgage payment - which would increase your plan payment but still leave you with a lower mortgage payment when the ch. 13 is over.
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X