top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it too "late" to change things in a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is it too "late" to change things in a 13?

I have a problem, perhaps a very BIG problem...we have been filed on our Ch13, have the 341 date for end of July but I am anticipating & hoping things will improve with relationship with my husband, even therapist said maybe once things are filed & we could get this behind us, things would get better. But unfortunately, they don't seem to get better, they don't seem to be any where near him wanting to get things better. I need to know, because now i need to move away from my heart & into my head which tells me I have to protect my children & do I need to just split this now; can we go in before the 341 & change this if we decide to separate & list the separate expenses? This is just a mess, a freaking mess. I cannot believe this is happening to me. :-( I know I have seen several questions of folks who are already well into & paying their 13's have this happen & having to go back & re-file, & I just don't know what to do. Well, what I want is for him to come around but I just don't think that's going to happen.

If you divorce, you may be able to dismiss the 13 and each file an individual ch.7 (if separating households helps you to pass the means test individually). I don't think you're ever too far in to do that, but the money you've paid to the plan will be down the drain, of course...
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

It's never too late to change things, you can modify, amend, or convert at anytime and to your hearts content.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X