1st payt due date???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st payt due date???

OK so my understanding is the 1st payt is due within 30 days of filing so for us, we are filed 6/14 so to me the 1st is due before 7/13...however, our 341 meeting isn't until the end of July so my husband seems to think payt wouldn't be due until after that, I am telling him no? I am getting together my list of questions for the atty, but I think I already know the answer to this one..just want to check

Check with your attorney, but the first payment is typically due 30 days after you file. Do not wait until after your 341 to make your first payment!

At our 341 the trustee ALWAYS asked "Have you made all of your plan payment on time?" (Even though they knew the answer since they were the ones receiving the payment! LOL)

Those that hadn't paid or were late got admonished. Those that hadn't paid and couldn't produce the funds on the spot had their cases dismissed (only saw one of these, but saw a few who had to make a catch up payment at their 341)

Comment

Originally posted by julsmom View Post
      OK so my understanding is the 1st payt is due within 30 days of filing so for us, we are filed 6/14 so to me the 1st is due before 7/13...however, our 341 meeting isn't until the end of July so my husband seems to think payt wouldn't be due until after that, I am telling him no? I am getting together my list of questions for the atty, but I think I already know the answer to this one..just want to check
      Hubby is wrong. First payment is due within 30 days of filing. Most people have made several payments before their 341 meeting. The trustee just tucks that money aside and doesn't start distributing it until after confirmation.
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

We filed on 1/11, our first payment was due 2/11 and on the 11th of the month going forward. I had already made 2 payments before our 341 meeting which was 3/29. Make sure you allow for mailing time. I am in PA but the payments get sent to a PO Box in TN.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

It is within 30 days after filing date. We just made our first payment. Only 59 to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X