Victory for Ch. 13 debtors at US Sup. Court Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory for Ch. 13 debtors at US Sup. Court Article

Dont know if anyone posted this already..but... FYI for those of us in CH. 13's.

VERY interesting! Is this in effect everywhere and starting now?
    Retained atty 3/2010. Filed Chapter 13 on 1/2013.

Comment

Yes, this was a U.S. Supreme Court Decision, so it applies to every district.

Comment

Is it retroactive in any fashion?
        Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
        341- April 28, 2010;
        Confirmed May 25, 2010;
        $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Originally posted by Universal View Post
          Is it retroactive in any fashion?
          Not sure exactly...but, what you can probably do is go ahead and "modify" the plan under section 1329 and redo your payment as necessary under the new guidelines.

Comment

I plan to file in a couple months. What kind of proof would they need to determine forward looking income? Obviously, I won't have any check stubs to determine this.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedOptions View Post
              I plan to file in a couple months. What kind of proof would they need to determine forward looking income? Obviously, I won't have any check stubs to determine this.
              Not sure what your situation is, but if you can't show some kind of steady income then you may not be able to file Ch13.
              DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X