Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collection on credit after ch13

Wasn't sure to post this here on in the collections section but here go's:

I filed ch13 in Jul 09 the load I had was included in the plan and the creditor has filed a claim. Apparently the creditor sold the debt to IC Systems collection agency and in March of 2010 they put a collection on my credit report. As of this month it reads past due $xxxx since Mar 2010.

I have put in a dispute with the credit bureau but all they did was update the information not remove it. I put in another and tried calling but can't get a human.
    I could care less about this on my report except for that I just got a promotion and have to have a TS/SCI clearance upgraded from my current SECRET clearance.

How can information after your bk be put in collections if the original creditor is going to get paid and how can I get this off!
    CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
    Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Originally posted by zeezee View Post
    Wasn't sure to post this here on in the collections section but here go's:

I filed ch13 in Jul 09 the load I had was included in the plan and the creditor has filed a claim. Apparently the creditor sold the debt to IC Systems collection agency and in March of 2010 they put a collection on my credit report. As of this month it reads past due $xxxx since Mar 2010.

I have put in a dispute with the credit bureau but all they did was update the information not remove it. I put in another and tried calling but can't get a human.
    I could care less about this on my report except for that I just got a promotion and have to have a TS/SCI clearance upgraded from my current SECRET clearance.

How can information after your bk be put in collections if the original creditor is going to get paid and how can I get this off!
    Call your attorney. They will need to fire off a letter to IC systems to remove the reporting from the credit bureau, pronto. They are also violating BK laws, so they could be in big trouble for doing this.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Well I called my lawyer and just today I got the letter from Experian that the item was deleted from my credit report! Thanks much!!!
      CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
      Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X