just started 5-27-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just started 5-27-09

What does the trustee look for on bank accounts?

Originally posted by jamesa View Post
    What does the trustee look for on bank accounts?
    Deposits and withdrawals.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

So they just essentially make sure you get deposits? Do they go through it with a fine tooth comb to see what you are spending money on?

Comment

Originally posted by carmen2010 View Post
        So they just essentially make sure you get deposits? Do they go through it with a fine tooth comb to see what you are spending money on?
        No. What they are looking for is more deposits than what you state as income, and withdrawals that could appear to be hiding assets (hiding cash).
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I included my last 6 months of bank statements to my attonrey, although she only asked for statements on the day of filing.

I think I read here that I am supposed to take the last 6 months worth to my hearing...is that correct?

I went through my accounts back as far as I could online (18months) and about 15 months ago I had a pretty big withdrawal....but for the life of me I can't remember what I did with the money???????????????????????? Is this something that can come up....or is 15 months far enough back that I shouldn't try to figure it out (other than trying to figure out what I spent $6000 on !!!!!!!)

Comment

For what it's worth, I just had my 341 and have never been asked for bank statements. According to my attorney, in my jurisdiction they are requested only rarely.

In any case, I can't imagine they'd go back 15 months unless there was a really good reason to investigate (such as suspected fraud).
            DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X