After 341 budget/trustee question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 341 budget/trustee question...

Hey guys, we had our 341 yesterday (I will post later about it in the "341" section) and I have a question...

Yesterday, the trustee said that we obviously could not be confirmed due to the Objection filed by the Credit Union and the fact the GMAC Mortgage had not filed their claims for arrears.

However, he looked over the budget, and did not say a word about it. I spoke with our atty and he communicated that although the trustee could still object to same, that more than likely he would have done so at the 341. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the trustee having an issue with the budget after the 341 or are we "good" with what we have down (assuming all the secured creditors claims are what we anticipate)?

Thanks!
    Stopped paying CC Feb, 2010
    Retained Attorney 02/24/2010
    Filed Ch. 13 BK 06/04/2010
    341 Meeting 07/02/2010

Originally posted by Licoriceky2 View Post
    Hey guys, we had our 341 yesterday (I will post later about it in the "341" section) and I have a question...

Yesterday, the trustee said that we obviously could not be confirmed due to the Objection filed by the Credit Union and the fact the GMAC Mortgage had not filed their claims for arrears.

However, he looked over the budget, and did not say a word about it. I spoke with our atty and he communicated that although the trustee could still object to same, that more than likely he would have done so at the 341. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the trustee having an issue with the budget after the 341 or are we "good" with what we have down (assuming all the secured creditors claims are what we anticipate)?

Thanks!
    Trustees have objections all the time in a Chapter 13 plan. It sounds like your attorney knows when the objections normally come in your district (before the 341). Others may be different (ours was after the 341). Like other things in a bk filing, much is district specific. Be careful about being overly worried from others experiences for this issue as they may be in districts like mine, and not how your attorney advises it happens in yours.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

All my Trustee objections were post-341. It just sound like your attorney has a couple of things to resolve and you'll be in business.
      19% dividend

Comment

Thank you both so very much! Fingers crossed
        Stopped paying CC Feb, 2010
        Retained Attorney 02/24/2010
        Filed Ch. 13 BK 06/04/2010
        341 Meeting 07/02/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X