Starting to panic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to panic!

I filed June 22 , an emergency Ch 13 without the payment plan which is now due tomorrow. I had an attorney meeting to come up with a draft of the plan on Friday but my attorney cancelled it, saying that she'd come up with a plan over the holiday and we'd meet on Tuesday (tomorrow) .

Well , she did come up with a plan, but the plan seems way off: while there is no payment to unsecured debt, the payment for the loan I was borrowing from my sister to buy out my ex's share of my home is included in the plan and isn't anything like the payment scedule I worked out with my sister at about $1000 /mo interest only payable when th ehouse sells. Then she has me assuming my share of the HELOC which I can't assume becausee my X took the HELOC out in his own name, altho I am on the deed of trust (so that it can lien the house). I think she didn't avoid the judgment liens from X but iinstead did avoid a judgment lien from an earlier recording which is backwards. Anyhow, the payment is $4600 per month for 5 years!!!!! And she listed my income as $505 per month. (Yep, if I don't get alimony extended, that's what I'm living on plus $575 social security with expenses of $3700 per month????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

So my question is: if it is true that I don't have to pay unsecured debt, then why would my loan I'd be paying to my sister have to be IN the plan (ending up paying the trustee $24,000 in fees? I know that this might make the trustee more interested in confirming my case!

And a second question: an unavoidable lien just remains on the house until it sells , correct? I think HHM said that there has to be a good faith payment on the lien, but how much per month is a good faith payment on a 90,000 judgment lien that I am suing the guy over?

And finally, do secured creditors also have to file a proof of claim? My X put a judgment lien on the house in March for about $130k of money that he just 'says' I owe him. Doesnt he have to prove it somehow?

I will indeed be asking my attonrey these same questions tomorrow, but I find it helpful, especially when I'm dealing with concerns out of the normal Ch 13 realm, to try to get input from here too.

Originally posted by ColoradoBell View Post

Well , she did come up with a plan, but the plan seems way off: while there is no payment to unsecured debt, the payment for the loan I was borrowing from my sister to buy out my ex's share of my home is included in the plan and isn't anything like the payment scedule I worked out with my sister at about $1000 /mo interest only payable when th ehouse sells. Then she has me assuming my share of the HELOC which I can't assume becausee my X took the HELOC out in his own name, altho I am on the deed of trust (so that it can lien the house). I think she didn't avoid the judgment liens from X but iinstead did avoid a judgment lien from an earlier recording which is backwards. Anyhow, the payment is $4600 per month for 5 years!!!!! And she listed my income as $505 per month. (Yep, if I don't get alimony extended, that's what I'm living on plus $575 social security with expenses of $3700 per month????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
    I don't have the answers to your questions, but I do question how your attorney thinks this plan can be confirmed. If you're only receiving a bit over $1000 in income how can the trustee payment be $4600?

I hope this plan was drawn up as a temporary measure and isn't the plan that is going to be presented to the trustee.

Let us know how it works out.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I hope my prophecy that I stated a while ago is not coming true, you recall that I was concerned that by waiting so long you may have shot yourself in the foot and that you really needed to have hired an attorney back in March or April to get this sorted out.

I still wish you the best, but I fear that waiting until the last minute may have been too late. But, chapter 13 plans can always be modified.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X