top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical Bill question priority/non-priority?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Bill question priority/non-priority?

Hi all, we have a situation where my stepson got braces and his mother took the loan out with the Orthodontist. We are to pay her (check written to her)$80 a month for 20 months. We are court ordered to pay 1/2 of medical bills and this would be included. So how would this be listed in our petition? Unsecured/priority? Kind of scratching my head on this.
    Thanks in advance!
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

Hmmmm . . . so that actual bill is not in your names at all? So, it wouldn't be under Sch F (non-priority, unsecured). I suppose you could list it on Sch E, under child support obligations (it really isn't but kind of is). You would list the mom's name and address and the amount owed at the time of filing. That way it is listed as unsecured, but priority/non-dischargable.
    I am not a lawyer - I just play one on TV. It is always in your best interest to seek legal advice from a competent attorney licensed in your state. Any information I post here should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I agree that its not a debt, but a child support obligation. That would be priority - not sure how to list in schedules though as I have not dealt personally with child support obligations.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X