Meeting with attorney this week to convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting with attorney this week to convert

Well the day is here. I meet with the attorney this week. I just went over the numbers for the 6 month income look back and I'm under the income limit and now have a -$1442 DMI. Should be no reason I can't do a chapter 7 now. The only thing that has keep me going is my income from Dec/Jan and her tax return. Money is gone at this point. I should get paid this months & that will cover a few months.

This got me thinking so I looked over my wife's income for when I first went in and it would seem once again the attorney made a mistake.

I'm trying to think of how to go over this when I meet with attoney. Here is what I have so far....

1) My wife didn't file (community state) and her income was higher than what she earned. Looks like someone added an extra weeks pay. That raised our gross by $128 a month.

2) Attorney didn't want to use wife's CC payments on her cards as bills paid. That was another $150 a month of "free" money that raised my DIM to $169 over limit.

3) My income would have still been around $30 over the limit but my DMI would have been negative. I think that alone would have let me do a chapter 7 not a 13.

4) Attorney showed no interest in my wife's own bank account and her small amount of stocks. Both are under her name and have never been mixed with my money or had my name on them. I gave them all of the information when I filed the 1st time and it wasn't put in the case. I would guess that because they are hers the court has no interest in them because she didn't file?

5) When they filed the case it was set as I would pay $980 to keep my car and her car would be exempt. She is on both titles. When case was confirmed it changed to I pay $3200 to keep both cars? Not sure if that was because of the chapter 13 or not.

6) Only one bill is joint. Attorney still says she is covered because on the community state thing but I'm not sure. I don't know if I should (after filed) start paying it again to protect her credit?

From what I can find out it seems that everything stays the same as the chapter 13 except if you have new bills you want to put in the cahpter 7. If that is the case then I just need to work out the problem with what I have to pay for my car.

What does everyone think??

So after venting I went back over my case that was filed. Looks like when they went over my wife's income for the means test they doubled one weeks pay giving her and average of $128 more per month.

That means that I was really only $41 over on the income limit and minus her CC payments I was only +$107 DMI not +$257 DMI.

Looks like it will be a long meeting today.

Comment

How did it go? We're talking with our attorney now about converting to a Ch7.
      DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

It went good. He cut me a break in the cost to convert because of the past problems.

Attorney said that the account and stocks non filing wife has under her name he has no interest in.

Said as far as the joint debt, it should not be a problem with a chapter 7.

Said that the new trustee may have no interest in the cars because for NV they don't really care about trying to sell them. I may have to pay something but he said it may not be all that much because of the value they put in my chapter 13.

Beyond that it all came down to income and bills. I was -$1100 and he said that will bring questions so he put I think I will start making $1000 more each month giving me a -$105 each month. That was it. Should be filed next week and maybe around Sept I'll have a new 341 meeting and by Dec I should be done.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X