Looking at Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at Credit Report

I am looking on FreeCreditReport.com. Why is it not reporting any of the payments that I have been paying since filing January 2010? Everything says that Payment Plan for January 2010 and then no other reporting. Mortgage, 2nd and van are paid outside of the 13. Why aren't they reporting current? I have made each and every payment on time since the time of filing.

Score went from 545 prior to filing to now 594.
    Chapter 13 filed: 1/22/10341 Meeting: 3/18/10
    Confirmation Hearing 6/23/10...CONFIRMED27 down 33 to go

Probably because you were just recently confirmed. Until confirmation, automatic stay is in effect.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I also got my free credit report and found nothing was reported current either. I called Toyota Financial (which is where I make my car payments to) and they said they would not be reporting my payments to the credit bureaus anymore. I was very disappointed to hear that since I have 17 payments left on the loan. I was hoping it would help to raise my credit score. How are we supposed to get our credit scores raised if no one is reporting our on time payments?

Comment

Originally posted by angel7821 View Post
        I also got my free credit report and found nothing was reported current either. I called Toyota Financial (which is where I make my car payments to) and they said they would not be reporting my payments to the credit bureaus anymore. I was very disappointed to hear that since I have 17 payments left on the loan. I was hoping it would help to raise my credit score. How are we supposed to get our credit scores raised if no one is reporting our on time payments?
        Did you reaffirm or just keep current. I have heard that if you don't reaffirm they do not report anymore but typically if you do reaffirm it will show on your report.

Comment

The mortgage, 2nd and van aren't reporting. 6 months of completely on time payments. I was really hoping that would help my score.

What does it mean to reaffirm? We were just told to continue making our payments outside of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by mummsie223 View Post
            The mortgage, 2nd and van aren't reporting. 6 months of completely on time payments. I was really hoping that would help my score.

What does it mean to reaffirm? We were just told to continue making our payments outside of the plan.
            Your signature line says you were confirmed just last month! Why so concerned about your credit score at this point in your bankruptcy?

Give it some time...

Comment

I know. I am not the most patient person. :-)

Comment

I did not file a 13, but my 7 was discharged in January. Our case is still open due to a possible accident settlement. Toyota is still reporting wrong, even though we signed a reaffirmation agreement. The lawyer said it won't report correctly until my case is closed! No what I wanted to hear.
                Filed CH 7 10/14/09
                341 11/18/09 DONE!
                Discharged 1/19/10!

Comment

Originally posted by mummsie223 View Post

The reaffirmation is when you actually sign a document with the lender after you filed bankruptcy to state that you are basically not including them in the bankruptcy.

There is also something that is called a ride through, where you don't sign the papers but continue to pay. Usually the lender does not have a problem with you keeping the secured property (house, van) if you continue to pay on time.

From the last sentence above, it sounds like you are doing a ride through. Typically ride throughs will not show current activity on your credit report. Reaffirmations usually do show up on your credit report.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

There are no reaffirmations in ch.13 bankruptcy.
                    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
                      There are no reaffirmations in ch.13 bankruptcy.
                      ahhhh... I am learning everyday

Comment

Reaffirmations happen in a chapter 7, not chapter 13.

Originally posted by ugghh View Post
                        The reaffirmation is when you actually sign a document with the lender after you filed bankruptcy to state that you are basically not including them in the bankruptcy.

There is also something that is called a ride through, where you don't sign the papers but continue to pay. Usually the lender does not have a problem with you keeping the secured property (house, van) if you continue to pay on time.

From the last sentence above, it sounds like you are doing a ride through. Typically ride throughs will not show current activity on your credit report. Reaffirmations usually do show up on your credit report.

Hope that makes sense.
                        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X