objections to plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

objections to plan

I am pro se ch 13 and my paperwork from the court states that if there are no objections there will be no confirmation hearing, how do i find out about objections? Would they be listed on pacer somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe what it really means is that if there is not any objections to your play, you will not have to attend the confirmation hearing. You would submit your confirmation order to the trustee's office before the confirmation hearing date, and it would be signed if there are not any objections. It would show up on Pacer after the order is entered. At least that's how it works in my district.
    Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
    Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
    Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

There WILL BE OBJECTIONS, it is the trustee's job to object. However, if there is an objection, you will receive it in the mail. Also, the objection will appear on PACER.

Look at it this way, if there are no objection, that is actually a bad thing. That means you left money on the table. Despite all the paperwork, chapter 13's are more art than pushing paper. About 65% of the work of the case is done AFTER the case is filed. This is why it is very hard for pro se chapter 13 to work; the inside information and knowledge is not readily available. There is no book that tells you the peculiarities of your trustee or judge and how to fight particular objections, etc.

You proceed pro se in chapter 13 at your own peril. Of the members of the board, only 2 have had successful pro se chapter 13. But they really did their homework, if you are asking about objections now, after your case if filed, I am concerned.

Comment

My case has been filed and im 7 days out for the confirmation hearing, I received great praise from my trustee at the 341 hearing. I was just asking about objections so that I know where to look for them.

Comment

Well, like I said, if you don't get an objection, your plan is too generous. By hiring the right attorney, you could have probably saved the money you are wasting on the chapter 13 and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by pcbuilder481 View Post
            My case has been filed and im 7 days out for the confirmation hearing, I received great praise from my trustee at the 341 hearing. I was just asking about objections so that I know where to look for them.
            I suspect that if there had been objections, you'd know by now. Mine were up on pacer within 24 hours of my 341 hearing and I got a copy by mail a few days later. But if I were you, I'd still show up at the confirmation unless the trustee specifically tells you not to.
            DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

no hhm my plan is not generous, 89.33 per month 36 months.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X