top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about a '2004' deposition/meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about a '2004' deposition/meeting?

My attorney's office just called. X's attorney has requested a '2004', which I gather is similar to a deposition. It will come after the creditor's meeting by about 3 weeks.

Is this typical? Or is this just 'typical' harrassment from X's?

I'm not particularly concerned as I don't think I have anything to hide, but since X is always up to no good, I thought I'd check with you all!

My attorney did a 2004 exam on my ex because he filed BK on my settlement. It is basically just to make sure what you are claiming is correct (your financial situation, etc.) Unlike yourself, my ex had ALOT to hide. If you have nothing to hide it is nothing to worry about. Expect questions about what you spend your money on, any large purchases you have made in the past year or so, property you own, etc etc. As long as you are being completely honest on your BK schedules you shouldn't worry. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks, Lisa.
      I appreciate your explanation.

Yeah, my ex had a lot to hide too, but in my case the court let him hide everything and then some. Not getting what I was awarded in my settlement is what has caused me to file for BK.

X still has access to my bank account, so he pretty much knows what is going on...but I have to laugh in that he previously (in divorce court) brought up a HUGE expenditure I made.....yep it was my income tax payment on April 15 DUH!!!!!

Hope you got a lot of usable info at his 2004 and hope my X gets nothing for his trouble.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X