Time has finally come..chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time has finally come..chapter 13

Well tomorrow is the day I go to the attorney for my sign out! I've gotten all of my paperwork to her via email. Had to have my taxes amended due to an error in filing status and itemized deductions! Anyway, I have so many mixed emotions right now, but at the same time - I'm so relieved to be able to keep my home! At the sign out tomorrow, they will get me a date for my 341 meeting along with the docket (case) number? Anyone else felt emotional at this point?

It can definitely be an emotional time. I felt mostly relieved to have the wheels in motion, taking another step towards resolving everything.

One thing to be aware of: Be sure you read everything and check details before you sign off on it. I never saw a copy of our filing until I asked for it, a week after filing -- and by then I'd already found it on PACER. Apparently my attorney's usual policy is that once they are retained, they have the authority to sign off on everything for you. The paralegal even said that most of their clients aren't interested in the paperwork, they just want to know when it's over. It sounds like this is not the case with your attorney, but you can't be too careful.
    DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Oh man! No my attorney is not like that. In fact, she told me that I will be at her office tomorrow for at least 2 hours to review everything. She seems to be very thorough! Her paralegal has called me several times this week already...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X