15 more months advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 more months advice please

after i made my july payment i will have 15 more months to complete by chp13 payments. I'm not sure if i can make it to be real becuse it is so hard. i'm struggling big time just to keep my head above water, behind in some bills, and pay check to pay check living. I had a 5 year 60 months payment plan at 920 a month plus i make 420 bucks less than i did when i started the plan. What should i do? should i hold out for the last 15 months, or just give up, or is there options this late in the game. If i make it through this one i will never let myself get in this position again, i promise you that. Plus my truck is in the shop for a very expensive transmission repair work thats going to coast me a few grands. The truck is worked into my payments also,cant win for loosing. Thanks guys for reading my rants. God Bless all of you

Originally posted by ram180 View Post
    after i made my july payment i will have 15 more months to complete by chp13 payments. I'm not sure if i can make it to be real becuse it is so hard. i'm struggling big time just to keep my head above water, behind in some bills, and pay check to pay check living. I had a 5 year 60 months payment plan at 920 a month plus i make 420 bucks less than i did when i started the plan. What should i do? should i hold out for the last 15 months, or just give up, or is there options this late in the game. If i make it through this one i will never let myself get in this position again, i promise you that. Plus my truck is in the shop for a very expensive transmission repair work thats going to coast me a few grands. The truck is worked into my payments also,cant win for loosing. Thanks guys for reading my rants. God Bless all of you
    Did you talk to your attorney when your pay went down?

He/She is supposed to get your payments lowered, I think.

Comment

Yes, you need to file a motion to modify plan payments for your chapter 13. If it were $100 or less I'd tell you to let it roll but $400 is a lot of money, it would be the difference between my family eating or not!

That being said what % are you paying to unsecured right now? If it's higher you'll have a better chance of modifying your plan from what I understand, but if it's all going to secured it may be more difficult.

Not *positive* that is correct though.
      Still learning all of this, but glad I've found this site! Thank you all for your advice and patience!

Comment

Do you have a minimum that has to be paid into the plan (non-exempt assets, back taxes, mortgage arrears, etc)? If not, then you should be able to either modify your plan to decrease the payment or convert to a ch.7.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X