Proof of payments in CH 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof of payments in CH 13?

Couple of questions, we have charity contributions & other items listed, Trustee did not object, but how (if he asks later) do we produce receipts for items like church titing? I am marking items as I put them in my check register and trying to keep receipts that he might come back & want. Maybe I am just stressing too much!
    I know also if we get the lien strip approved, we have to re-do expenses for the 2nd mor, even though we aren't paying that now. I don't know what the heck we will do if it doesn't get approved, but I am hopeful that we will have no problems, we paid for the appraisal, have the appraiser that will testify if need be. I am hoping we are good.

Also, on my 1st mortgage payment trustee asked if we were current since filing, YES. However, I am concerned since we filed, we were sent a statement with a post petition payment (I called & was told we would be offered this for 3 months & then back to normal payt). It was beneficial for me to be able to pay this lower amt & that was the amt due, so I did. Will that now be a problem?

My church sends us a statement at the end of every year so that we can deduct the tithe on our taxes. Your church is required to keep track of it, just be sure to write a check rather than giving in cash.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

For the tithing - copies of canceled checks and/or a statement from your bank should cover it, if needed.

For the mortgage payment - discuss w/ your attorney if you have not already done so. Since it is only for 3 months it might not be an issue, but then again you may need to pay the difference (since its extra DMI) into the plan.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X