Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAMP Program...got this email

Hello,

I went to a 341 meeting on Tues the 27th of July, I received this today the 30th. I asked the trustee to use HAMP, as now the trustee can incorporate the HAMP payments into the Ch 13 pay back....this was fast, as I expected t o have to wait months..I know it is the beginning, has anyone gotten the HAMP approval like this statement below and how long did it take to get the process complete??

Thanks
    Marlene

[B]You have received this email in response to an application or inquiry you made with your lender, government agency or housing counseling agency requesting assistance with your mortgage.

We have received and processed your request for a loan modification with CitiMortgage. Based on the HAMP guidelines for 2010, you pre-qualify for assistance with your mortgage.

Due to the number of inquiries being made for mortgage assistance, please contact us within 72 hours of receipt of this email and provide the secure web-pin listed below for verification purposes.

NEVER trust anything that comes in email... your lender should not send anything regarding HAMP via email. It is possible its a scam. If you applied for HAMP with your lender - I suggest calling your lender directly to find out the status.

Along those lines - based on that email - you arent qualified, it says "pre-qualified" - whatever that means. Once you become qualified for a trial program, you would have to do trial payments (3 month minimum) and it will take many months from start to finish when and/or if even you get approved for a perm. modification.

The trustee cannot go off of a "pre-qualified" basis - you must have signed permenant loan modification papers back from your lender, and the loan booked, in order to use the new amounts in your Ch. 13 plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
      NEVER trust anything that comes in email... your lender should not send anything regarding HAMP via email. It is possible its a scam. If you applied for HAMP with your lender - I suggest calling your lender directly to find out the status.

Along those lines - based on that email - you arent qualified, it says "pre-qualified" - whatever that means. Once you become qualified for a trial program, you would have to do trial payments (3 month minimum) and it will take many months from start to finish when and/or if even you get approved for a perm. modification.

The trustee cannot go off of a "pre-qualified" basis - you must have signed permenant loan modification papers back from your lender, and the loan booked, in order to use the new amounts in your Ch. 13 plan.
      I agree,
      It's taken me 18 months to finally hash out a loan modification. The BK process will nullify any trial period payment. All your arrears would have to be paid in your plan and your regular mortgage payment would resume.
      Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X