? about Notice of Ch13 Bankruptcy Case that is mailed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about Notice of Ch13 Bankruptcy Case that is mailed out

I received a copy of the 'Notice of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Case, Meeting of Creditors, and Deadlines (Form B9I). I see that our full Social Security #s are listed on this document. Does every creditor get this exact copy with our SS numbers? I am surprised to see the full number because even the petition only listed the last 4 digits. This is concerning to me......
    Thanks,
    T
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

Why does that concern you? They already have your SS#. Many creditors will use your social security # to locate your account upon receipt of the notice.

However, public documents will not contain your social.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Hi momofthree. I was more concerned that this would be a public document so that makes me feel more at ease. My husband's ex is one of our 'creditors' since we owe for our half of an ortho bill we are paying on to her for son so I guess I am uneasy at her having my SS#..I know she knows my husbands. I don't think she would use it maliciously but you never know....
      Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
      341 10/7/10
      Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

Originally posted by tammygirl1 View Post
        Hi momofthree. I was more concerned that this would be a public document so that makes me feel more at ease. My husband's ex is one of our 'creditors' since we owe for our half of an ortho bill we are paying on to her for son so I guess I am uneasy at her having my SS#..I know she knows my husbands. I don't think she would use it maliciously but you never know....
        You can rest easy in the fact that people who have filed bankruptcy aren't exactly high on the list for identity theft.
        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

LOL. Too Funny!!! I needed that laugh today :-) so...thank you
          Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
          341 10/7/10
          Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

lose the hubby

Ditch your loser of a hubby and get on with your life

Comment

Mine only lists the last 4 digits, but what's on PACER is a scan of the doc that was mailed out. Not to be paranoid, but you might want to take a look on PACER and see whether your full SS# is on the documents there. If so, they are indeed public record and I recommend you ask to have them changed.
              DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Thanks! I just logged in to Pacer and it only shows the last 4 digits..whew...I thought the one that my Attny sent me which is also identical to the one the BK court sent me is the one they posted for public view but it seems they scrub it. Thanks again for pointing me to pacer for this document..
                Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
                341 10/7/10
                Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

Yay, good news! PACER has its quirks, but I love being able to see everything that's out there.
                  DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X