Filing old return after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing old return after filing

Ughhhh....so....I log into pacer a little while ago to see new claims and IRS posted theirs. They have the amount that we filed with (although my attroney said it would be dischargable they are listing it as secured - need to follow up with him on this) but they also listed a LARGE priority amount that I wasnt aware of. I sent email to my attorney and they say the IRS doesn't have any returns for 2006!!! I was not married at the time. I told my husband to call the attorney (he does tax stuff too) to work this out because I am frustrated how he could FORGET that he do his taxes???? Guess the attorney is going to file it after we give him power of attorney....My question is, will this affect us (other than an additional tax amount owed per month) that the return is filed after we filed the BK? Can we be dismissed? I am soooo frustrated and getting overwhelmed on all this. I just want to cry. It is so hard because nobody knows about our dilemma so I can't talk it out with anyone other than my husband that I am now really irritated with. Our payment will go up over $260 if we have to pay this new amount and the amount we thought was dischargable but isn't (not including any objections the trustee may have to our plan)...Sorry guess I vented in the same post as asking a question since all I have is this forum to support me.
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X