Just stressed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stressed out

I filed 11 months ago. Everything has been going well.....I have more money than I have had in years, life is good.

I just landed my dream job....it is a HUGE pay raise and in a very secure field, i have wanted this job since college. Here is my dilemma, the job is a "Public Trust" position and requires a very extensive background check, but not a security clearance. I am worried my Chap 13 will rule me out. Plus I will have to relocate, and I am having a terrible time finding an apartment to rent that is not a terrible place to live. My rental history is excellent, but they see the bankruptcy and I get turned down immediately.

Sorry just know you guys know what it is like.
    Filed 9/14/09
    Confirmed 12/11/09

I have a friend who works for the fed gov't, and she is in a mess, let the mortgage go, lates on lots of accts., she went for a new job and they did a consumer report check, as long as they see her making any type of consistent payment towards her debts, it's all ok. You just have to go for it, you'll never know. As for renting a new place, be up front, and thell them you can put down a large deposit if they feel the need. So dumb to deny housing on that basis.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You need to just get creative when renting. Call friends. Find a church community that will help. Find a room to rent.

As a last resort, you could always live in a hotel/motel situation.

There is hope my friend. We were not created to live in desperation.

Comment

Thanks guys!
        Filed 9/14/09
        Confirmed 12/11/09

Comment

If you relocate for the job, I wonder if it's possible that they provide assistance in securing a place to live. It might change the picture of you have some sort of agent looking for you in an area where landlords are accustomed to renting to people in your field.
          11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
          02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
          08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
          09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X