Can you negotiate debts and then discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all for the responses.

Is it possible once we dismiss to go back on a payment plan. I have three creditors who I was current with and always on time with. Will they put me back on the same plan I had before. Or will they increase my interest and add on fees? Or is there no way they'll do that. One is a car that is paid through the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by tammygirl1 View Post
      HHM, what about a case where we owe 1/2 a medical bill (ordered by court) to ex-wife for son's Ortho? The actual bill to the dentist is in her name. What if she does not file a claim to our BK? Do we still owe it since we are supposed to pay 1/2 of the children's medical and could we pay her even if we wanted to during our open BK? Our Atty listed this bill as 'unsecured' in the petition....
      That's medical. And that's considered support to a court. The family court will make the father pay his support obligation.

In fact, in some states, the agency that collects child support will also collect medical expenses.

Comment

I would guess she would need to contact Family court to have them order the payment as they are not aware of this payment arrangement. Our agency is not collecting the medical expenses on her behalf. Right now we pay the children's medical out of my check and just deducting that credit for half medical from the ortho amount due so I guess we will continue to do this until the balance is 0. Thanks for your response!
        Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
        341 10/7/10
        Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X