Debt collector problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt collector problems

My husband and I filed in November 2006. We had two credit accounts at the time of filing. Our case was confirmed in April 2007. My husband has been getting phone calls in regard to a supposed credit card opened in April 2007. I don't remember opening any accounts except for a cell phone account. We moved in July 2007 and had problems with our old post office forwarding our mail.
    We have never received any bills for a credit card. We did receive collection notices for the supposed account and I forwarded it to my attorney.

Now a third collection agency this past year. Again, I forwarded the information to our attorney. I called my state's attorney generals office. I also sent two certified letters asking for a letter to verify the debt. I have received no communication from the debt collection agency. I'm beginning to think that this all is fraud.

I'm concerned that someone might have stolen a pre-approved credit card offer and used it. We always had trouble with the postal carrier put mail in the wrong mailboxes.

I don't have to repay something that isn't our debt. Please help. Thanks.

Check your credit report and see what is on it, you've asked the collector for proof and haven't received any, they might just be the bottom feeder type who bought a debt for pennies and hope to squeeze you for something. Check out the report for sure.

Comment

^^^^^x100!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X