top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luck goes bad with car after filing! So stressed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luck goes bad with car after filing! So stressed!!

Goodness, when it rains it pores! We filed at the end of July and already having car issues! We replaced hubby's '94 Camry with a newer one before filing but because of minimum amounts required to be paid through plan we couldn't replace my 03 Tahoe with 166k on it. So...last week our tranny goes out and we had to come up with $1600 to get it rebuilt. We had saved about $600 in our emergency fund so that was gone and my sweetest son home on leave from the Navy insisted on paying the remaining $1000. I so didn't want to take his money but just didnt have a choice. Well fast forward to today, and my car won't even turn over!!!!! Hubby tried all the tricks like jumpstarting, tapping the starter, and some other stuff I don't even know of. So now the tow truck picked up the Tahoe to take to our mechanic who says if we get it there in the next hour he will take a look since it is Sat I am thankful he was actually working. Said something about a neutral switch??? If that is the case, it shouldn't cost anything but who knows..I am so stressed it is unbelievable. That is my commute car so I have no clue what we will do if it going to cost big bucks. Lordy, I hope this is not how its going to go for the next 5 years...
    Sorry to vent but know many of you guys know how I feel and have been in my place to some extent at one time or other..
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

So I feel SOOOO much better! Hubby called and said it was a starter fuse?? So the mechanic replaced it and we just need to buy another one for his inventory and a 12pk Corona!!! We dodged a big one this time. This trip is such a huge roller coaster of emotions. Just too crazy.
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

Tammygirl, glad to hear it was minor. I know exactly how you feel, 4 months in we had to replace an engine, it took all of my emergency money. A month ago, same car would not back up in reverse. I really didn't have the money to replace a trans, turned out it just needed fluild. $20 and it was fixed. Mountaineer's don't let you check it yourself, so we had to take it to the trans repair shop. What a relief!

filed 1 11/10
      confirmed 7/22/10
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X