top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a Chap 13 filer, are you allowed to directly contact your Trustee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Chap 13 filer, are you allowed to directly contact your Trustee?

Here is my dilemma, hopefully someone can help? I don’t trust my lawyer, who by the way doesn’t return my calls anyway. I am about 1 year and 5 months into paying on my Ch 13 plan. Long story short, my car is part of the plan. I only had 1 year left to pay it off before losing my job. I tried to get the lawyer to allow me to have someone in my family pay the car off before filing and he wouldn’t let me. Now the problem is, since May the car has been breaking down every month/week and my wonderful father has been paying the repair bills that have now exceeded about $2500 dollars (which is definitely more than I owe). I want to try and get the car out of the bankruptcy so I can at least trade it in on something reliable for the same amount it’s worth (not wanting to buy a new car or have a car payment).

Is this possible?? And can I call my Trustee directly and tell her, or am I jeopardizing my situation?

Thank you in advance. I wish I had found this forum prior to filing, there is a lot of good information on it.

Since you have an attorney to represent you the trustee won't talk to you. They will simply tell you to call your attorney.

Instead of calling, why don't you pop in to your attorneys office and make an appointment to see him/her?
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Trustees dont want the hassle,you have to go through your attorney .He or She will run it by the trustee

Comment

I've tried, in reference to a Request to Incur Debt they replied "you need to contact your attorney" than proceeded to write my attorney and told them "Your client attempted to contact us in regards to XXXX, please discuss this with your client".

I have talked to them before about mailing payments, etc. and that's all fine they helped me through all that.
        19% dividend

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X