top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney fees for Request to Incur Debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney fees for Request to Incur Debt?

So, my attorney knew my lease would be up 12 months into my plan. Today I wrote her to ask about submitting a Request to Incur Debt and take out a 401K loan to purchase the replacement car (my cheapest option).

She said it's $400 to submit that.

Is this normal?? The irony of getting charged for a Request to Incur Debt kills me.
    19% dividend

If you dig out your original contract with your attorney you can see exactly what you paid for in the beginning (and whether it covers any extra services during your plan.) I know with ours we had enough money paid in to our plan that when we needed our attorneys services post-confirmation she was able to take it out of our normal Chapter 13 payments (the trustee paid her). Good luck to you.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Thanks! I went ahead and asked her to put in a fee application with the trustee to get paid the additional $$ out of the plan. It should be clear that I don't have the $400, I don't know where she thinks this would come from.
      19% dividend

Comment

Great! Sounds like it is going to work out for you.
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X