Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 home refinance

Hello,

I filed for CH13 back to 2004 and completed all the payment on 10/2009 but get a Discharge from the judge on 8/2010 (they forgot to send the discharge letter until a year later in 2010 when I find out and request them)

My question is I want to refinance my house (currently on 30 years plant and been payment for 10 years), when I apply for the loan RF, all of the lender are denied because they said that I have to wait at least 2 year after the discharge before I can RF.

Could any one please verify if that is true for CH13?

Does anyone know where to do RF with CH13?

Note: My mid FICO score from 3 credit is 620.

Thanks
    KEY

Lending guidelines have tightened up considerably in the last year. It used to be that you could get a new mortgage, or refinance, directly after (or even during) a Chapter 13 plan. Now most lenders are requiring a 2 year post discharge timeline. Also, many are using a middle score of 640 as the new "low".

I think the new guidelines are going to be in effect for quite a while, until the real estate and mortgage market recovers.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

FHA guides on CH 13 will allow you to refinance. You'll need your payment history and discharge. Also, many lenders still allow down to 600 score.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X