Out of the blue they want more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the blue they want more?

Filed in March. Thought everything was going fine. Today atty called and says trustee wants another $300 a month. They sent us the paperwork, but nothing explains why this all happened.

Update: So looks like trustee things some of my income wasn't included, but it was included as business income because company is too cheap to pay employee taxes. Hopefully that fixes this problem.

Has anyone else had to deal with really incompetent help at the atty's office? I shouldn't know more than they do, but I do and a lot more I am sad to say.
    Last edited by frustrated51; 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 3-31-10. 341 completed 5/20/10
    $2900+ a month 0% payback to unsecured creditors
    Discharged 6/30/2015

This doesn't sound like your attorney's fault.

Keep in mind, the trustee's job is to object and increase the payment as much as possible. If any thing, the fault of your attorney was not setting expectations. Your attorney is not you, they do not live your life. Even with the best attorneys, the information on the petition is only as good as that provided by client. Often times, what seems "obvious" to you, would not be obvious to a 3rd party (your attorney). The "illegal" actions of your employer by not withholding taxes (yes, that is illegal) is not something that would be obvious.

You may very well have incompetent counsel, but keep in mind, the final chapter 13 payment is a negotiation.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      This doesn't sound like your attorney's fault.
      Oten times, what seems "obvious" to you, would not be obvious to a 3rd party (your attorney). The "illegal" actions of your employer by not withholding taxes (yes, that is illegal) is not something that would be obvious.

Right. We did explain it to them many times though and they are the ones who insisted I do a profit/loss to show it.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 3-31-10. 341 completed 5/20/10
      $2900+ a month 0% payback to unsecured creditors
      Discharged 6/30/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X