Pre filing course made a mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre filing course made a mistake

After we took the test, the lady on the phone kept going on how we make $5000 a month when we told her we didn't. I printed out the test we took and figured out what she was talking about. She added my job to my wife's job and so it looks like she works two jobs. The test according to their version says we have over $2000 left a month, and figuring it out the "right" way we only should have $200 left over. We didn't have our attorney's email so he doesn't have a copy that I know of. Like I asked in another thread, is this just for our viewing or is this test going on for someone else to look at? If it is then I should call them up but if it's just for our benefit then I really don't want to pay again to do it over. What do you think?

The "information" part of the course is for your benefit. As far as I know, the only thing the BK court gets is the certificate of completion that your attorney files with your petition.

Comment

You could call them back and argue their mistake with them until they correct it or you could do another one. There's a free online only pre-filing course at www.consumerbankruptcycounseling.info . Please make sure they are approved for your state before using them, although they are free!!
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just keep the copy I downloaded "just in case", instead of calling them back. I did bookmark the other link and the fine print on that website says it isn't sent to anyone so that's good. If we had all that extra money we wouldn't need to file BK.

Comment

Nobody sees that stuff but you. Just send the cert to your lawyer and be done with it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X