top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ......My car lease is up.................need answers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ......My car lease is up.................need answers..

My car lease is up in November 20, 2010., I have not received anything from them., I have been in chapter 13 it will be a year in December . I haven't received their monthly bills., but I have paid them faithfully.
    Question
    When I turn the lease in, and there is dings and dents and I have been told they will charge me for those, since I am in chapter 13 can they sue me for that?

Also I have not received anything from them about where to turn the car in etc.

Hi,

I went through this awhile back except my car lease was included in my chapter 13 plan. I would contact your attorney immediately for him to advise you as to what to do. If I remember right, I didn't get a letter from GM or anything I just knew when my lease was up and returned the car to the dealer. Fortunately, I had no damage on my car so I didn't have to pay any charges, but I was my understanding that yes they can still charge you for damages, but that it is the guy that GM sends out to inspect the car that decides what the charges are for damages. I did have a meeting with my attorney about a month before my lease was up for advice on what to do, etc. Again, my experience is from a few years back and things may have changed. When in doubt, the best thing to do is contact your attorney.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind123 View Post
      My car lease is up in November 20, 2010., I have not received anything from them., I have been in chapter 13 it will be a year in December . I haven't received their monthly bills., but I have paid them faithfully.
      Question
      When I turn the lease in, and there is dings and dents and I have been told they will charge me for those, since I am in chapter 13 can they sue me for that?

Also I have not received anything from them about where to turn the car in etc.
      They can't sue you, but they can file a claim for the amount and it will be included in your plan to pay (just like the unsecureds I believe..)
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Even though my bankruptcy has been confirmed and everything., the subaru lease company can file a claim if they want to charge for nicks and dings? I never included the lease in my bankruptcy , I paid it seperate.

Comment

Your lease was included even if the payment was made outside of the plan. Look at your documents, the lease would have been listed under contracts...

Also, we were told that the company that leased to us could file an unsecured claim for damages and/or over mileage fees as unsecured. They didn't (as we didn't go over mileage nor have damages), but this is what our attorney stated when we filed. Don't know if it is district specific or not, but either way ask your attorney about what he is seeing in regards to auto leases.
          Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Guess I'll find this out soon as mine is up in December also and I have a big dent in the hood and will be over the mileage, both expensive on a Mercedes :-p
            19% dividend

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X