Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repossession

We filed Chapter 13 in 2005 and were discharged in 2008. Prior to filing, we had a car repo with a balance of $15K. The dealer sold the car at auction for $9K which left us with a balance of about $6K. That balance was included in our bankruptcy.

We are in the market to sell our current home and purchase a new one so I'm investigating our credit reports for discrepancies. My question is this - the $6K shows as discharged but the original loan amount of $15K still shows on our credit as a balance. Is there a way for us to have that removed? My husband tried to get a loan from our credit union for a truck earlier in the year and was denied because of this.

Thanks!

It should be a pretty simple matter for you to dispute that $15K with the credit bureaus. You should be able to go online and do that...it's been a while since I have disputed anything on my credit report, but I do recall that it is simple to do. Be sure to do dispute that with all of them. It will then be up to the lender to prove that you still owe that $15K, which of course they can't.

Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X