Filed 13 Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed 13 Today!

Hey guys. I've been reading this for a couple weeks now and finally filed today. Such a relief. Can't wait for the first creditor to call so I can tell them to take a hike. Anyway, thanks for all the great info.
    Filed Ch 13 10/7/10
    341 11/5/10
    Confirmation 12/15/10

Remember that creditors by law can not contact you after filing a chapter 13. You are under bankruptcy protection stay until you are discharged. I have been in a chapter 13 for almost 4 years now and it has not been easy. Remember to keep your payments up to date which the most important suggestion that I can mention to you. Creditors will try to still harass you until your plan is confirmed. They can object to you filing and have a creditor's meeting which is the next step after filing bankruptcy. You can breathe for the moment. Keep ALL documentation from creditors, Trustee, attorney. I have every single piece of paper that I have ever received from the bankruptcy court. There also is a PACE registration that you can use since you are in a 13. You can keep abreast of what is happening with your case once you get a case number. I also use what is called the National Data Center for people in a chapter 13. I can see what payments are being made and the progress of the case. Time goes by quickly in this. I never thought that we would be almost done but we are. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Muzzey. It looks like if the plan is accepted, we should be in pretty good shape. House is safe, cars are safe. Credit cards will get what's left. My lawyer said it may take up to 30 days before the calls stop, but to just give them the case number and tell them not to contact us anymore.
      Filed Ch 13 10/7/10
      341 11/5/10
      Confirmation 12/15/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X