top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can second be modified in a 13 with some equity ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can second be modified in a 13 with some equity ?

First post so I have a question on Filing 13 over 7. First on my current residence is 130K with a 2nd of 41K. Current CMA shows a sales price of 150-160K. Also, this property and two adjoining pieces of land are in a clean and green tax abatement program. If any parcels are sold their will be a back tax assessment of 12K. This and there will be real estate fees etc. This is a divorce situation (3.5 years running), and now the divorce is final. Neither is obligated to pay on the house and can walk away from the debt. I owe her half the equity at the time of any deed transfer. I will be credited for any principle paid. So my questions are; 1. Can the 2nd mortgage be modified in a 13 to a more reasonable amount? It is close but not completely underwater. . 2. I am told that my ex can be removed by the court from the deeds as she is neither living here nor paying, is this true? 3. I now have a better partner, and she contributes financially to the household. Yes I have legal counsel, but I will say I have learned more here lurking on this forum than I have garnered from any of my legal team. Thanks in advance…Boomer

Forgot to mention that one parcel has a 9K first and both now are effectivily worthless as they have been mapped in the special flood exclusion zone. they were only added to have enough land mass to get into the special tax program that saves me about 1.3K a year in real estate taxes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X