Credit Report Effect of Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Effect of Chapter 13

It appears that the filing of Chapter 13 bankruptcy remains on your credit report for seven years. Now the question. Do these seven years begin at the time of filing or do they begin at the time of discharge? There are many different opinions on many different websites. Logic tells me that the bankruptcy goes on your credit report at the time of filing and comes off your report seven years later. However, logic and reality may be two different things. If anybody knows for certain, I would appreciate a response. Any help with this is appreciated.

I was under the impression it goes by Filing Date as this is when it becomes public record for which the credit bureaus obtain their information. I could be wrong though....
    Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
    Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

It is the filing date.
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

ditto^^^

There is only ONE public record the reporting SOL does NOT start on the file date and that is the EVIL TAX LIEN. The satisfied date is the date their SOL starts! EVIL EVIL EVIL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X