Incurring New Debt In Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incurring New Debt In Chapter 13

If a debtor incurs new debt while in Chapter 13 without the Court's permission, how will the trustee find out if the debtor does not inform him/her?

DON'T DO IT.. Don't even think about doing it....!

I don't know how they find out but time after time, it happens... and cases get dismissed..

Just a bad idea all around. There is no reason to fall back in the trap that the trustee shouldn't know about.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I'm not going to do it - I was just inquiring as to how they could find out. No one in their right mind would lend me a thin dime!

Comment

Well for fun I was doing a little reading on one of the other forums that had a link for a Collection Agent's Manual -- while reading it found out that there is some companies that buy presumed discharged debt from creditors in the hopes that their Chapter 13 fails. It also suggest in this same manual that if debt is not included on original petition that is found that the court can dismiss the B/K or other actions......

So trying to put my mindset as though I was a hungry bill collector I would do investigations for people on my list to see if I could alert the court so case gets dismissed -- that way I could immediately collect on the debt.
        Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
        Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Found this thread...

Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
          Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
          60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X