Don't know what to do, advice welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what to do, advice welcome

We were on our last month of our chapter 13, some of the payment to trustee came from paychecks and some we paid ourselves. I sent the last payment out at the end of the month, it didn't register right away and the trustee sent a dismissal letter for that amount and gave a hearing date. I informed our attorney and sent copies of the money orders.
    Our attorney never replied to the trustees motion to dismiss and we were dismissed. Now he won't return my calls. The plan base has been met plus I kept sending on money to make sure there was more then enough.
    What do we do? any ideas?

Go to the attorneys office and demand he submit an order to vacate the dismissal. If he will not see you call the bar association while in his office and report him for malpractice. To complete a ch13 and have a clerical screwup cost you everything while this attorney sits on his butt after collecting his full fee is inexcusable.

Things like this are why Pacer is such a great thing as attorneys are still human, and therefore lazy. It is not their life they are royally screwing.
    Last edited by DebtEnder; 10-24-2010, 05:51 PM.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

We are hoping to get this resolved, this was real rough on us. We can't mentally go through this for another 5 years. Thanks for replying

Comment

Originally posted by tuffone View Post
        We are hoping to get this resolved, this was real rough on us. We can't mentally go through this for another 5 years. Thanks for replying
        You do not have to. Start crying out loud. As above mentioned, go to the bar and advise your lawyer (ex) you are doing this. Now you are pro se so you may contact your Trustee and implore him to aid you. This is outrageous.

Get another lawyer and file a petition to object to this as well as an action against your old lawyer for his incompetence. ONLY YOU can make the waves of action to happen. Do nothing and fail. Scream 'bloody murder' and is your only hope. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X