Update--Successful and happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update--Successful and happy

End of February 2010--three consultations. Picked one and completed paperwork for ch13. Attorney suggested waiting eight months to file for strategic purposes (he was right on the money). No lawsuits during this time (looking to discharge debts from three credit cards--about 25k). Filed yesterday. Monthly payment will be $94/month for 60 months. Since attorney knows trustee well, he sees no objections coming. I am happy. If I did it over, I would do everything the same. The whole key is finding the right BK lawyer. Do not be afraid to seek as many consultations as you need from different law firms. You have to be comfortable with the lawyer you choose. It is all about trust.

100% true, congrats! You are 8% done with a long row to hoe, but you have lots of support here.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Congrats! I hope ours goes as smoothly!
      Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
      49 payments down, 11 to go...

Comment

congrats boochase - I think yours may be the lowest Ch. 13 plan payment I've seen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
          congrats boochase - I think yours may be the lowest Ch. 13 plan payment I've seen yet.
          I didn't even notice that, but that's the lowest payment I've seen myself.
          Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
          Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
          60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Good lawyer. I wonder--given the same numbers, shouldn't every lawyer come up with the same results? Kind of like CPA's coming up with different tax returns for the same numbers? Comes down to knowledge of the trustee and willingness to aggressively pursue your case, IMHO

Comment

Congrats. I also hope mine goes as well. My attorney says they have a really good working relationship with the Trustee and know what will go and what will not.
              Filed Ch 13 10/7/10
              341 11/5/10
              Confirmation 12/15/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X