amending confirmed plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amending confirmed plan?

My pro-se filing chapter 13 has been confirmed however I have a problem, due to some medical and car emergencies, I am now falling behind on my rent for my townhouse, I orginally did not include it in my chapt 13, at the time was under control but now I want to include it because I can't afford to move and now with the chapt 13 it will not be easy to rent again, can I just ask the trustee to include this or do I have to file petition with the court? any help/advice is appreciated in advance!

What do you mean you "didnt include" your rent payment? You had to have included it because its an expense, which is deducted from your income. You should've also included medical and car related expenses in your plan so that when instances like what you're experiencing occur, you have the monies available to you.

If you didnt include rent in your expenses - what did you include for the place you're living?

Comment

So sorry, what I meant to say is that it is not included in my plan, I choose to pay it outside of the plan and now want to include it in my plan, is that allowed?

Comment

You had to have included it either way as an expense. You dont pay rent inside a plan because you dont own the place, you're equating it to mortgage arrears.

When you filed CH. 7 in 2005 and were discharged - how did you list it then? I'm not understanding though, since you filed 7 and were discharged - why are you in a Ch. 13?
        Last edited by Pandora; 11-01-2010, 06:27 AM. Reason: spelling :/

Comment

I've never heard of paying rent through a Chapter 13 plan probably because leases are usually dealt with on a year to year basis. I think people can include back rent in a Bk, but I worry that this is debt accrued post filing and wouldn't be looked at the same way.

I am renting an apartment I got post filing, btw. It's not easy, but it's possible.
          Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
          Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
          60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I am now in a ch 13 due to my ex taking over 12,000 of my money and even though I have won 2 judgements against him he is not working and I can't collect from him, our son decided to live with him and he took me to court for child support, the chapt 13 is for a vechicle and federal taxes primarily, I have one cc which is about 1500, stress, my daughter who is 20yrs old broke her ankle and has had 2 surgeries for it and no health ins, she had just started a job and insurance had not began yet, so there was alot of expenses there that I was not able to cover.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X