top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a chptr 13 and what can we do re:car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a chptr 13 and what can we do re:car?

Currently we have made 19 payments in a 36 month payback to the trustee. We pay our mortgage and 2 car payments outside of the plan. Well the transmission went out on our 07 civic hybrid, and to get that fixed is going to cost way too much money that we do not have.

What are our options? We owe more on the car than what it is worth, especially now that it has the transmission problem. Can we surrender the car? Will the finance company come after us for the rest of the amount we owe? We just can not make the payments and save up enough to buy another car.

According to this website, your Honda has a 5 year/60000 warranty on the powertrain.

Otherwise give your attorney a call - I'm not sure surrendering is an option while in active 13. It would require the plan to be amended, anyway. Also consider consulting with your Trustee's office regarding using your payment $$ for the transmission.

Good luck!

--13for60
    Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
    341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

We no longer have a warranty on the car, the car has over 100,000 miles on it. My husband drives far for work. I have already put in a call to our attorney. Waiting to hear back from him. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X