top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maryland - When does the 60 months start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maryland - When does the 60 months start?

As I stated in title, I'm in Maryland. Wondering if anyone has any idea when payments start "counting" towards my 5 years of payments................with the first payment after filling case or with first payment made after confirmation?

Appreciate any insights.

Hi Hanginginmd, I'm in MD too. I am not confirmed yet, but the 60 months start when you file in MD. There are only a couple of states that count it from confirmation.

You are the first other person in MD that I have come accross on this board so far. Welcome to the club, but sorry you have to be here too. I'm in the Greenbelt district.

Comment

Greenbelt Distrist as well.........3 year filing anniversary is coming up.....11/28/07

Comment

Originally posted by Cristo View Post
        There are only a couple of states that count it from confirmation.
        Any idea of which states??
        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

The only one I constantly here about is Michigan.....
          Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
          Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Sorry I accidentally created another thread and do not know how to delete it, it will only allow me to edit
            Last edited by FishersMike; 11-04-2010, 01:07 PM.
            Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
            Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Cristo View Post
              Hi Hanginginmd, I'm in MD too. I am not confirmed yet, but the 60 months start when you file in MD. There are only a couple of states that count it from confirmation.

You are the first other person in MD that I have come accross on this board so far. Welcome to the club, but sorry you have to be here too. I'm in the Greenbelt district.
              Another Marylander - Greenbelt District also. Haven't been confirmed yet but have already filed a couple months back. Have quite the bugger of a Trustee - nothing but a hard time. Kind of like an inquistion.

Comment

TShoot, sorry to hear things have been rough.....have to wonder if we have the same Trustee. Why kind of issues have been raised?

Comment

Wants monthly profit and loss statements (for the duration of the Chapt. 13) for my wife who is in Real Estate. Thought they could only really go back 6 months of income. Not that I'm trying to hide anything, just hate being micro managed. Questioned my utility bill (like I way lying) until I handed it over and showed it to her. Than got a lecture about leaving lights on,etc. My bill was right in line with my neighbors and other people I talked to - but I still have been more vigilant and signed up for BGE peak rewards. Gave me a fit about a 401K distribution I took out to try to catch up on the arrears on my mortgage because I never used it - mortgage company stopped taking payments from me after I was 3 months late and then the attorney fees racked up so high that they surpassed the money I took out of my 401K. She wanted to take distribution amount but my lawyer fought her to let me pay it back into my 401K plan to pay it off. Was keeping it and trying to cover any emergency bills that came up.

Basically just really condescending. Keeps calling me out on things and demanding paperwork which I provide to her to prove what I am saying is true - and it always has been. Just hoping all of the nonsense settles down once we are confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by hanginginmd View Post
                    TShoot, sorry to hear things have been rough.....have to wonder if we have the same Trustee. Why kind of issues have been raised?
                    Check your Private Messages.

Comment

We're in Maryland too. Going to our 341 meeting in mid December. This whole thing is a very scary prospect! We're on the eastern shore so we have no idea how our Trustee will treat us :P

Husband's salary fluctuates dramatically in the beginning of every year. Also getting paid once a month is definitely a challenge.

Comment

In MD here too. Working with lawyer and hopefully filing soon. So far the law firm i have has been a god send. Good info about the 60 months, I thought it was the start from confirmation....good to know.
                        Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

I think it varies by each Trustee. Our lawyer told us before we went in that she was one of the strictest ones and thought every body should live their lives very frugally. He wasn't wrong. I have a good lawyer (not cheap) but he has been very communicative throughout the process and returns my phone calls within 24 hours which helps. Sometimes you need explain things to them in a way that that understand the impact to you if a certain thing happens but overall the firm has be good.

Comment

It really does very by trustee. I spoke with my attorney and asked based on their experience, who are the trustees where I live, and what have their clients experienced. My attorney was very candid, and said you rather have Trustee A over B because A generally is more leinant, while B is a hard ass.
                            Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                            The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X