No announcement yet.

Financial breakdown - Help me figure this out please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't a good attorney just push the limits of allowable expenses...like for example isnt the MAX for utilities higher, or do i have to prove exactly what my bill is monthly? Whne i run the A/C the Bill is around $200 but for the next 5 or 6 months it's not needed and the bill can easily near $100

Food could be higher and i can cut that down etc...How does that work? Honestly i never go to the Doctor but isnt there an allowance for personal care anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
      *gasping for air* Good God Man! Dont let the Charger go! Are you raving mad?! LOL Mopar all the way (pppsstt..hubby has a 69 Charger ) Anything for the Charger.... hee hee

Okay, that was a joke to make you smile in this crappy situation - hope I did!
      Yes! a big smile and a fleeting moment that i am not a lunatic and someone else understands...it's not just a Charger, It's a SuperBee. Your hubby has excellent taste and it must be something about Mopar that makes us do crazy things! Thanks Pandora...you are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by InOverHead View Post
        Here is my situation:

Income: $45500

1st MTG 175K/780Mo
        2nd MTG 40K/335

CC1 $9500 / 19.99
        CC2 $12000 / 17.99
        CC3 $7000 / 13.99
        CC4 $3400 / 9.9
        CC5 $2000 /13.99
        CC6 $1400 / 23.99
        CC7 $1000 / 21.99

Auto
        Veh1 28k/614Mo / 3.17
        Veh2 18k/460Mo / 3.99
        Veh3 20k/380MO / 6.5
        Moto 4k/84Mo / .9
        Insurance is $1500 every 6 months
        Med Insurance $85 every two weeks

Utilities/Water/Garbage 200MO
        Cellphone 120Mo
        HomePh/Internet/Cable 135MO

Food 350MO
        Fuel 200MO

Dog 40MO

Misc 200MO
        Well, lets look at what you posted and do a line by line item.

Net take home pay is 1443 x 2 = 37518 / 12 = 3126.50 a month - if you figured it this way since there are 26 pp's but you'd have to set aside your extra 2 pay checks a year to make it work. Or you could use the $1443 x 2 = $2886 - however your lawyer would more than likely run it as 26 pp's since thats how you get paid.

Lets change the figures and use the $3126 as your net income

take your figures above and start deducting from that amount - even changing amounts and adjusting to the minimals you think you can survive on. When does the money run out? At what line item will it hit if you go item per item as listed? ETA: Dont forget your insurance right now is $250 a month ($3K yearly /12 = $250 monthly) as well as your medical is $170 month.

Once you do that, you'll see where you're at.

PS. I did not include your credit cards in it because you have no min payments listed.

Comment

Yes! a big smile and a fleeting moment that i am not a lunatic and someone else understands...it's not just a Charger, It's a SuperBee. Your hubby has excellent taste and it must be something about Mopar that makes us do crazy things! Thanks Pandora...you are awesome!
          ah ha! Richard Petty would be proud LOL! Friend of ours has a 69 Superbee - *sighs* I think hubby drools every time he see's it and turns into a blubbering idiot ;)

I'm so glad they finally remade the Charger to look half decent. Still not a 69...but for a new car, its okay. Have you seen the Challengers?! OMG... I'm the one drooling when I see one of those! lol!

ETA: Going to assume the $614 is the Charger payment...correct?
          Last edited by Pandora; 11-09-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

It's definitely close but i think i can make it work. Need to have my Mom's contributions count and need her to try and be more consistantly around $500. Nice! Now i am feeling slightly more encouraged! Thanks again Pandora...You're Grrrreat!

But isnt all the pondering mute anyway because this is assuming not paying any on the 2nd or the CC's. Can't any or all object? Also, the trustee could just say NO or the judge, right?

Comment

ah ha! Richard Petty would be proud LOL! Friend of ours has a 69 Superbee - *sighs* I think hubby drools every time he see's it and turns into a blubbering idiot ;)

I'm so glad they finally remade the Charger to look half decent. Still not a 69...but for a new car, its okay. Have you seen the Challengers?! OMG... I'm the one drooling when I see one of those! lol!

ETA: Going to assume the $614 is the Charger payment...correct?

Yep the charger is the highest! You know your Mopars girl! I hope when all your finances are straightned out you get one of the new...not sure if they are called "furious fuscha" or "panther pink" but either way, get a Pink Chally! Oh and the new 6.4L is out...im dreaming about it tonite!

Comment

well yeah... it kinda is to a point, but since you asked (and I have insomnia.. ) figured what the hell, lets give it a go.

Lets take out mom's contribution for giggles - as well as take out all the other vehicles except the Charger (ok I'm being biased now!), all credit cards, the auto insurance, and the 2nd mortgage - but still using the $3126....

I'm coming up with $317 left a month - yet you'd have to get car insurance as well as be able to afford your mortgage when it increases.

What did you come up with and remove?

ETA: Crud - I just saw that you didnt have any $ taken out for maintenance for house and car (oil changes, tags, personal property taxes *if applicable in FL*, etc). You have to account for those items as well.

Comment

Yep the charger is the highest! You know your Mopars girl! I hope when all your finances are straightned out you get one of the new...not sure if they are called "furious fuscha" or "panther pink" but either way, get a Pink Chally! Oh and the new 6.4L is out...im dreaming about it tonite!
                  Shhh...I'm a grease monkey too, but dont tell anyone have torn down the engine more than once with hubby and helped him rebuild it. Much fun!

Comment

sorry if assumed your finances werent in order...just figured you were also paying into a Ch. 13 budget and was tied down for awhile...

Cut the Home phone - 80 Now
                    Bagged lunches all week - 200 food
                    Utilities - more careful with them 100-120
                    Med Ins comes out of paycheck already
                    Lowered coverage on auto insurance - 1300/6 = 216
                    Fuel - I can work out with employer - maybe 50
                    MTG may go down as taxes are now less 740? guess
                    Can tell mom she really has to pay for cellphone at least temporarily - 70

I am leaving $200 for misc and 40 for Dog Food and have 196 left

Comment

Shhh...I'm a grease monkey too, but dont tell anyone have torn down the engine more than once with hubby and helped him rebuild it. Much fun!
                      There's something special about a girl that doesnt mind getting a little dirty...super cool. Your hubby is one lucky dude!

Comment

There's something special about a girl that doesnt mind getting a little dirty...super cool!!
                        Hey Thanks! just had to jump in there! Getting full of grease is the best! Right Pandora!
                        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

sorry if assumed your finances werent in order...just figured you were also paying into a Ch. 13 budget and was tied down for awhile...

Cut the Home phone - 80 Now
                          Bagged lunches all week - 200 food
                          Utilities - more careful with them 100-120
                          Med Ins comes out of paycheck already
                          Lowered coverage on auto insurance - 1300/6 = 216
                          Fuel - I can work out with employer - maybe 50
                          MTG may go down as taxes are now less 740? guess
                          Can tell mom she really has to pay for cellphone at least temporarily - 70

I am leaving $200 for misc and 40 for Dog Food and have 196 left
                          Nope, didnt assume that at all, no worries. Yes we are in a CH. 13, payment of $600 month/60 months. To back up and answer your previous question regarding the Trustee/judge - yes - both can object to your proposed plan in a 13 - and cutting areas down to the extreme minimums (like above) wont get you confirmed unfortunately. You have to meet your basic needs first and foremost, allowing for everything necessary or you'll fail your Ch. 13 plan. Not only that but you're going to be very hard pressed to be allowed to keep all the vehicles with those payments because its nearly half of your income a month.

Best bet it so schedule some consults with a few attorneys (good ones), asking all the same questions you've done here and then go from there, keeping in mind that its possible the attorney(s) advises you you'll have to let some things go.

RE: working on the car - I enjoy it. It's great to be able to do things like that and know what does what in the engine of any car, but nothing compares to the classics vs. today's engines. Wouldnt touch one today..no sir - we leave that to our mechanic, although hubby could do it - he prefers not to. Too many computerized do-hickeys for his tastes .

Comment

Originally posted by enginegirl View Post
                            Hey Thanks! just had to jump in there! Getting full of grease is the best! Right Pandora!
                            You too huh? Well.. if there's you and I thus far, there has to be more on the forum dontchathink? Hubby said to me when we were dating the first time he was working on the car... "If I wanted you to stand there and look pretty doing nothing I'd tell ya - but you can stand there, look pretty and help work on the car, so here (hands me a wrench) - go for it" LOL!

Gotta love it

Comment

yup grease and the smell of jet fuel in the morning!! 2 of my favorite things! ;)
                              Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Do you know if you are over the median income in FL? If you are going to be on a 60 month plan, if the cars will be paid off in less than 60 months, you divide what you still owe on them by 60 and that is the payment you make in your ch 13.

For example I owe $15,500 on my car and I am in a 60 month plan so my payment in the ch 13 would be $258.00 plus 4% interest in the plan. Also, since I have had the car for more than 3 years I can cram down the value of the car to what it is really worth. I got an estimate for repairs that the car needs and combined that with the blue book value and filed a motion to value the car at $8600. So my car payment in the chapter 13 is $165.00 a month. That type of thing can help reduce the car payments and make room in the budget but it all depends on how long the loans have left to go.

As a single person, I don't see the trustee letting you have more than one car. I had to give up my 2nd car. A good lawyer should be able to work out something where the car for your mom is kept if she is paying for it. They would either count her payment as income or some other arrangement where that expense would be eliminated. Ch 13 takes a lot of work and thinking but it can be very helpful.

Are you sure you want to keep the house even without the 2nd if it would still be underwater $75,000? If the payment is similar to rent it might not be a bad idea but make sure you want to stay there for a looooong time as it will be hard to sell and move. Make sure you get the most out of your freash start.

Consultations from more than one lawyer are a must. Make sure you find one that will fight for you and wants to help you, not one that wants to make it easy for themselves. They should be able to give you a pretty good idea where you stand during the consultation.
                                Hang in there and good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X