top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

purchases and car... calling on your insight please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purchases and car... calling on your insight please!!!

1) will i lose my car in a chapter 13?
    2) Do I need to be careful of what purchases I do on my credit cards before the filing?
    3) what happens if i make over the median income so that i don't qualify for a chapter 7, but do not make a enough income to pay installments from a chapter 13 plan?
    4) Can I still contribute to my 401k? If so, am I limited to how much I can contribute?

THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!

You need to make no purchases on your credit cards if you are planning on filing! Is your car payment current? If it is current, no reason to lose it, how would you get to work? Do the means test online and see where you are before getting anxious about funding a 13, you need to find out what your DMI is.

Comment

Originally posted by RLOPE View Post
      1) will i lose my car in a chapter 13? Not necessarily..
      2) Do I need to be careful of what purchases I do on my credit cards before the filing? No Credit Card use for 3 months before you file. In fact if you have not already STOP PAYING THEM!!!
      3) what happens if i make over the median income so that i don't qualify for a chapter 7, but do not make a enough income to pay installments from a chapter 13 plan? DO THE MEANS TEST..... see earlier post for links you may still qualify for a 7
      4) Can I still contribute to my 401k? If so, am I limited to how much I can contribute? This is up to each trustee, but usually yes!

THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!
      Best advise... go for a consultation with an attorney, it is usually free!
      I really hope this helps!
      Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

what happens if you do have credit card use inside of 3 months of filing? I read something along the lines of no cash advances in excess of a certain dollar amount...
        Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
        The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X