Had my 341 Hearing - seemed to go okay - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 Hearing - seemed to go okay - question

I had my 341 Hearing with Trustee yesterday. I was the last one in the room to see the Trustee so I got to hear a few cases and not be embarrassed with a lot of people in the room when I went up Others would get restrictions at the end, i.e. 1/2 of Tax Refunds & Bonuses to be stipulated in plan.

Then I had mine - since my income seemed to be higher they did not stipulate or ask for any of my tax refunds or my bonuses (which my attorney said likely they would demand 1/2). All they wanted was for me to file a copy of my tax returns annually so they can watch the income.

Besides that the only other thing mentioned was the objection by Chrysler being worked on, and there was a blank box without a creditor that said owed $100.00 - attorney advised this was a software default and it would be removed as they have to do a amended plan to fix Chrysler anyway. Also advised a few creditors being added.

I looked at PACER today and it shows the 341 Hearing and Trustee's Recommendation as Unfavorable but I cannot click on it to see what is going on. So I don't know if it is only unfavorable due to a few modifications needing to be fixed?

They did not seem to object or question any of the expenses. It literally took 3 minutes.

Any input? Thanks!
    Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
    Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Hi Fishers,

What was your proposed payback / payment plan? If its not feasible, then the trustee will object and not recommend confirmation. If it was something to do with amendments, usually it wouldnt state anything at all - just something to the effect of "Continued".. or at least thats how ours was listed on PACER (we had some amendments as well).

something to ask your lawyer for sure. I hope it all works out for you and that your trustee just marks differently for an amendment.

Comment

Glad your 341 went fairly well, FishersMike, and I hope your questions are quickly and easily resolved!
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

Did your lawyer say anything to you after the conclusion of your 341? Ours was last Wed. and the trustee asked the usual questions and then told the lawyer the things she wanted changed on our B22 and payment plan and then adjourned us until 1/12 but told us we didn't have to come back. Our lawyer said our payments may go up. When I checked Pacer it said "adjourned until 1/12 for amended B22 and payment plan". Check the deadline/schedule section on Pacer where your 341 is scheduled and see if it says "terminated" or "satisfied". If it says satisfied your done. If it says terminated there may be a date below that showing when the new 341 is scheduled. Otherwise ask your lawyer what it all means.

Comment

I filed in the Southern District of Indiana around this time last year. The 341 meeting seemed so intimidating in theory, but after I heard a few of those people go through, I shamelessly felt a little better about my own situation. I thought I was going to be grilled, fileted, and hung out to dry up there in front of everyone. It was almost too easy.

I wasn't on Pacer around the time of my 341 meeting, but my plan wasn't immediately confirmed because we had to modify something in the paperwork with the auto lender. It was confirmed as soon as all of that was submitted though. My meeting went the same as yours- no questions outside of the ordinary. My lawyer did all the paperwork and I would have never known anything about it if I hadn't asked. There really wasn't anything to do on my part.

I've learned that Pacer and the 13datacenter.com website kind of make me....paranoid. The paralegal at my lawyer's office told me that I needed to "cool it" and that if I needed to do something she would let me know. I'm taking those websites and their legal jargon with a grain of salt these days. lol

I wouldn't worry myself too much about it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X