Just poppin' in for an update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just poppin' in for an update

Well we are 15months in. We managed to pull off a nice Christmas for the kids, although there were some tense moments....

My son who is a senior in high school, was able to have his senior pictures taken and all grad supplies, cap-n-gown, announcements etc ordered.

Our biggest problem is my husbands truck, its' 14 years old and has over 250,000 miles, it is really on it's last leg, I just pray it will last one more year.

We have a bad itch to own our own home, however I am thankful that we rent, as I read other posts about things breaking down...I'm glad we don't have to deal with that. Some day we will get another house, just have to be patient.

My car will be paid off with 3 more months of payment, that a great thing and then it's on to the IRS debt and local tax debt....So we are making progress.

Even though I hate being in a Chapter 13, it has been a blessing to us. We went way to long not budgeting and just sending. We really needed a wake up call......

Happy New Year to All,
    Dumb Again.
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Thank you for posting this-it gives me hope. We have 3 children, one will be graduating next year-another is in her 2nd year of college. Very scared & yet to file. We should have filed in November, but decided filing and having to meet with the trustee in December was going to be too stressful. We didn't want every penny being watched, so we went ahead and had a nice, but not expensive Christmas paid for with all cash-1st time ever! We will now file end of next month... yay
    Retained atty 3/2010. Filed Chapter 13 on 1/2013.

Comment

dumbagain,
      glad to hear things are going well for you and your family (I love reading good news updates)!

I think you need a new forum name (or at least an acknowledgement that whatever "dumb" things you may have done in the past (I've had more than my share), you're not "dumbagain", but on a better path financially.
      Happy New Years!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X