top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nearing the end of plan questions, confusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nearing the end of plan questions, confusion?

Hello All,

I am in a 60-month payback plan. I think I read somewhere before the chapter 13plan has to be completed and discharged by your confirmation date and not actually when your bankruptcy petition was filed? Am I confused about this?

Also, I think I read somewhere that once the trustee files the application for the completion of the plan and final accounting that there is another 30 days before a discharge can happen as the creditors have one more chance to file objections, even though they have all been paid and all checks have cleared. Again, I am understanding this correctly?

If anybody can shed some light on these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I think I read somewhere before the chapter 13plan has to be completed and discharged by your confirmation date and not actually when your bankruptcy petition was filed? Am I confused about this? I think that this depends on your state. In Florida the count down begins the day you file! pheew!

Also, I think I read somewhere that once the trustee files the application for the completion of the plan and final accounting that there is another 30 days before a discharge can happen as the creditors have one more chance to file objections, even though they have all been paid and all checks have cleared. Again, I am understanding this correctly? I do not believe that can object after your "bar" date, 90 days after you originally file

Hope this helps!! and congrats almost being there!!
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Hi Enginegirl,

Thanks for the information. Evidently, it must vary by state about when your plan time begins and unfortunately PA, where I am, doesn't start from petition filing date as I'm now at 63 months and still waiting for discharge. I'm actually not sure now what date they go by or if they even have one they go by.

Comment

Originally posted by rexycar View Post
        Hi Enginegirl,

Thanks for the information. Evidently, it must vary by state about when your plan time begins and unfortunately PA, where I am, doesn't start from petition filing date as I'm now at 63 months and still waiting for discharge. I'm actually not sure now what date they go by or if they even have one they go by.
        Did you see the post below this regarding it taking up to 6 months to discharge!!! YIKES!!! Hopefully by the time I am done they will not be taking that long.. so maybe that is why it's taking so long!! Fingers crossed for you!!
        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Yep, I saw that post below. I hope things go quicker for that person. Good luck to you, you can make it. Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X