Finally Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Over

Just found out my bankruptcy is Finally Complete. I logged into my 13datacenter account and saw that it says

date case closed: 1/6/11

I did it! . . and overall, it was not horrible. It will certainly be nice to have the money back in my check again.

Mine ended a few months early because my court papers specified $480/month, but the Trustee took bi weekly payments of $240 because I was paid every two weeks. Therefore, a few months each year I made an extra payment. Over 5 years, this added up to paying off my bk a bit early

I was a bit unsure of how that would play out. Some thought I would still have to pay into the plan for a full 5 years, and others thought it would end early. I am certainly glad it ended just a bit early.

I have also overpaid about a thousand dollars . . and the Trustee said that I will receive a refund check within 30 - 45 days. That will be a nice ending to a long journey.

There is a lot of good information on this site, but what I learned the most is that each case, each judge, each Trustee is different. Your answers and experiences may not be the same as someone else's.

It's nice to have my life back!

Congrats. It's no small feat making it through a 13-60 plan. You certainly have cause for celebration!!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Nice post, Kuya. Great encouragement for those slogging up the path behind you.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Congrats!

I honestly can't wait for the day that my Ch 13. is over with, and it's pretty far away...posts like yours are a much needed glimmer of hope for many of us around here and I thank you for sharing this positive experience of yours.

The best of luck with your newly found financial freedom.
        No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Hey! We give 13's who finish a double Victory dance so, get ready, to get tired dancing, then get drunk. LOLOL. Grats from all of us.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their "congrats" !!!!

I am doing a little dance . . . .and having a little drink . . . gonna get down tonight . . lol

Comment

congrats to you and nice to have your life back just dont mess up again and end up back in that trap for years again. We also are mailing our final payment to the trustee tomorrow and can not wait to see what you seen complete. Great job and happy future to you.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!
                Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Congrats, now take a vacation

Comment

Congrats to you. Must feel great to have this monkey off your back. I just started and can't even imagine the next 5 years like this.......

Comment

Thanks again everyone!

For me, this is a huge change. I now have a good job, and am ready to live responsibly. I did just come back from a vacation (we did a Disney Cruise) so it was cause for a homecoming celebration when I went on line and saw my BK13 had closed.

I don't need a vacation, but I DO need to buy a car soon. I have been driving the same old car since I filed my BK13 . . and it's on it's last leg. I am now in a much better situation - as I make a good salary now (over 60K), and my BK13 has been completed. BUT . . . I fear that I will still not find financing for a car, any time soon . . . I will soon make an appointment with my Credit Union . . . . but I think even they will turn me down so early.

Just hope my car lasts until I can get my credit a little stronger . . . .

Best to all of you who are currently in a CK13. Hang in there . . it gets better over time. You get used to it, and the time really does go by quickly.

Comment

Coming in a little late - but a big Congratulations for sticking it out!
                        I'm 12 months behind you and wish I'd seen the writing on the wall and filed BK earlier.

Comment

Congrats to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X