question on converting to CH7 from 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on converting to CH7 from 13

Ok I have made the decision to look into walking away from the house & trying to convert to a 7. Here is where we are. I was 1 month behind on the 1st when filed & now am current, so I'm thinking i have at least a few good months to stop paying & save money to rent. I know I will need a larger deposit with my credit & the BK. BUT...I was told by my atty office that I made 2K too much for a family of 3 with me & my kids...2K are you kidding, can you not fight it when you are that close? He seemed to be blowing me off on that. I understand fully that if i convert, he will not get as much money so that probably factors in, not to mention more work for him. So what can I do?

i have called another atty who will see me for a consult fee to see if he can help & what options I have. I am going to go to that appt but want to be knowledgeable of what to expect.

We are separating so will be going to 2 household incomes & from what we were told, my husband can convert to 7 as his 6 month prior to filing income was low enough & then he would pay me child support; BUT I was told that would factor against me as income & then I would def be over.
    I am looking that I could end up losing this house, renting a place for about 500 less a month & then when the lower payment & child support is added in, my trustee payment could actually go HIGHER & I lose my house.. How in the world is that fair?!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X